What topics can I ask about here?
Examples of questions that are likely to be on-topic for Data Science Stack Exchange:
- Given process monitoring data arriving every 10ms, what statistical tool should I use to best characterize a change in the process - mean? a distribution?
- When is it suitable to apply L1 regularization for feature selection?
- I would like to produce a infographic on the 'Brexit' referendum. Given public opinion data across the UK, what are some meaningful techniques to visaualize it in a dashboard?
- When executing an ARIMA model in Spark, what are the pros and cons of using Python instead of R?
- Given Facebook Likes, is there an ML technique to predict age and gender?
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Data Science Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. For example, questions here are frequently also suitable, or more suitable, on one of:
- Stack Overflow (Programming Related Questions)
- Open Data (Data Set Requests)
- Cross Validated (stats.stackexchange.com)