I want to find a charging schedule that minimize cost of charging an EV.
The main objective is to have a fully charged car for the next morning, but the sub objective is to minimize cost based these two things combined:
- Charge when electricity is cheapest - I know the hourly electricity price for the next 24 hours
- Minimize hourly peak demand charges for the household - I pay a small additional fee each month if my hourly demand exceed different steps.
I know the power size of the charger (
W), the capacity of the car battery (
Wh), how many hours I have to charge (
h), I know what my household peak is right now (
W), and all prices for both consumption (
Money/Wh) and peak demands (
xx Money, if hourly demand > xxxx Wh).
- What would one call this type of problem?
- How would one go forward to solve this?
- Is there a python package that can help me solve this? (I have seen similar problems been solved with Gurobi)