Question: I am not sure how to describe the sample graph attached. Can you please help me identify the type of plot and how to statistically measure the relationship between the dependent variable (Y-axis) Category A vs Category B?
What success looks like for me: Once I understand how to describe the plot.
- Is there a statistical method (preference in python) out there that can help me measure the relationship between the two categories of data (Category A & B) .
- Strength of the relationship between the two categories (Category A & B), positive or negative relationship?
- List item
My goal with the plot is :
- Y-axis: One dependent variable (positive real number) example is 'Average Number of days' required to complete one unit of work.
Consideration for :Y-axis: are as below:
- The dependent variable (y) can however be broken into two or more categories.
- One example of category is 'Worker type' = Employee or contractor. Employee can be Category A, Contractor can be Category B.
- Second example of category is 'Country type' = India or USA. India can be Category A, USA can be Category B.
- As such I can take any category of data from my dataset and split it into various categories (Co-located team v/s distributed teams, Standard team vs Non standard teams) etc.
- continuous time series data. it can take shape of months, quarters or weeks etc.