I have a large number of images that I need to classify for training a clustering algorithm, and I would like to do so offline (the data is proprietary). Basically, I'd like to build a desktop survey tool that enables me to rapidly place each image into one or two categories. Ideally, the tool would:
- Search in a pre-specified desktop folder for an image;
- Display the image and a static list of categories, allowing me to click on one;
- Upon clicking, record the category associated with the image;
- Store the image filename and associated category in a dataset somewhere;
- Display the next untagged image in the folder and repeat the process.
Is there an easy way to build this kind of tool in Python, or some other pre-built utility that I could use for free offline?