I have written a program that scrapes data from the web and I have in possession about 5k sentences which I want to analyze.
Part 1: I am just starting out in data science and wanted to know if there is such a thing as a library that will read through text and automatically classify words or sentences as being positive/negative/neutral. Is there such a thing that exists, perhaps in R or Python?
Part 2: From what I can tell, there isn't such a library, and I would have to do that myself by hand. It appears that the best way to analyze sentiment is to:
- a) put the words in a corpus
- b) do things like word stemming and clean up the text
- c) download a dictionary of predetermined sentiment
- d) run a program that vectorizes the text
- e) compare the text from my corpus to the dictionary
- f) ..... unsure what after this step.
Are these steps accurate, or am I totally off-base?