In the past few years there has been an explosion in the quantity and quality of available data visualization tools in R. I've long ago stopped using
plot base graphics in favor of the wonderful
ggplot2 package, and I'm considering going for interactivity now, perhaps using one of the JS-integration packages, and outputting HTML.
However, I'm often in the business of creating long HTML report pages with dozens of graphics in there, and I care about a number of factors:
- load-time for the graphics generated cannot be too long.
- should work decently with Shiny and Rmarkdown (ideally flexdashboard).
- should have a non-insane syntax for tweaking options (i.e no 20 line JS code inserts to change legend location).
- should be relatively well-documented.
- should be actively maintained.
What are your go-to packages for interactive data viz?