I'm trying to build a system which tackles the following problem. Given a list of research papers L, I would like to extract the following information from each paper:
- The problem addressed by the paper
- Solution to the problem proposed by the paper
- (Optional) Results, i.e. how good is the solution
I have dealt with the easy part, i.e. setting up the blocks that interact with web search engines (e.g. Google scholar) and gather the data, given a set of search keys.
However, I don't have the knowledge to set up the 'intelligent' part, i.e. the one which extracts the aforementioned information from the text data. I would prefer to extract information based on the Abstract, but analysis the complete text wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me. I'm mostly interested in Computer Networking papers, e.g. published on SIGCOMM, CoNEXT, etc.
My questions are:
- Are there tools - preferably open source - which can extract this information from research papers?
- If not, what techniques do you recommend me to start looking at (e.g. research papers, tutorials, etc.) to accomplish this?