I work in a bank and most data is in tabular format in relational databases. I have been reading about graph algorithms (page rank), graph libraries (spark graphx) and graph databases (neo4j). I would like to pick a use case from my field (finance). What use case would be suitable for graph algirithms and databases?
There are many use cases of graph theory in Finance industry and it is a very broad question. As Emre said can be used for Fraud Detection, Risk Modelling, Economic Networks etc.
These below links can give you better understanding of different application, please go through for better understanding:
- Applications of Graph Theory In Finance
- Graph Theory for Systemic Risk Models
- Graph theory: connections in the market
- Analysis of Equity Markets: A Graph Theory Approach
- Portfolio Diversification
- From Graph Theory to Models of Economic Networks. A Tutorial
Do let me know if you need any additional information.