I've been participating in a project where I had to cut most of the dataset due to mismeasurements/invalid values and we ended up with a small dataset.
The dataset is regarding the following:
- Tool Deflection : Metrology - Sensor Measured
- Tool Wear : Metrology - Sensor Measured
- Piece - Form Accuracy : Metrology - Sensor Measured
- Piece - Roughness : Metrology - Sensor Measured
- Machine Input - Parameters : System Inputs
I thought of generating more data for each metrology dataset, using the Machine Inputs as reference, however, I feel like it could potentially bias my model.
As you can see, I'm quite confused with respect to this subject.
- What should I expect if I move towards this solution?
- Is there any restriction I should be aware of?