I have to download code written in a Google Colab notebook, because I need to send it via email. How do I do this?
You do not need to download Google Colab to send a file through email.
To send directly:
- On Upper right-hand side there is a share button, Click on it.
- A pop-up appears, Enter email addresses or usernames in the field 'Add People and groups'.
- (Optional) Go to the setting gear button upper right corner and adjust permissions.
- Click on 'Done'.
Download then send to email:
- Click on the "File" menu in the upper left corner.
- A popup appears, find 'Download .ipynb' and click on it.
Click file on the menu and select "download .ipynb" or "download .py" (Jupyter Notebook or Python file).
To download the notebook you have to choose download .ipynb
Also, you can share it directly without downloading with other users through Google Drive. It will be located in "Colab Notebooks" folder. Right click on the file for sharing options available.