I'm trying to do this classification problem, depicted in the following Figure. The task is to separate the blue elements from the red elements in a cartesian (x,y) coordinate system. I have to:
● Find a transformation to map the 2D points in 3D points (by adding one component) that is able to make the data linearly separable.
● Make a graph (by hand) to show the transformed 3D space.
● Assuming that a Support Vector Machine (SVM) classifier is used to classify those points, add the separating hyperplane in the depicted plot.
● Explain how SVMs work. What are kernel functions?
● Explain the use of the C parameter in building a SVM model. What happens if C=0+ (a small positive value)? What happens if C=Infinite?