i am writing papers for my academic degree on machine learning.

everytime I get confused when I try to put a name for standard algorithms (KNN, Linear Regression, Random Forest, etc) ( the non-neural network algorithms)

are they called standard algorithms?

or classic algorithms?

or generic algorithms?

is there a name that is used for these kind of algorithms?

  • 1
    $\begingroup$ Good question, I don't know if there's a commonly accepted term. I think I've seen "statistical ML methods" as opposed to DL methods. I often say "traditional ML methods" or "standard ML methods" but I'm not sure it's very good. $\endgroup$
    – Erwan
    Commented Jun 13, 2020 at 13:52


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.