NumPy is a scientific and numerical computing extension to the Python programming language.
From the NumPy homepage:
NumPy is the fundamental package for scientific computing with python. It contains among other things:
- a powerful N-dimensional array object
- sophisticated (broadcasting) functions
- tools for integrating C/C++ and Fortran code
- useful linear algebra, Fourier transform, and random number capabilities
Besides its obvious scientific uses, NumPy can also be used as an efficient multi-dimensional container of generic data. Arbitrary data-types can be defined. This allows NumPy to seamlessly and speedily integrate with a wide variety of databases.
NumPy is released under the BSD license, enabling reuse with few restrictions.
- NumPy Official Documentation
- NumPy Tutorial
- NumPy Mailing List
- Contributing to NumPy
- NumPy GitHub repository