I am looking for high level approach to identify if a given sentence has impact captured in it. For example in below two examples, sentence 2 has impact captured.
Sentence 1: I learnt speaking spanish this year.
Sentence 2: I learnt speaking spanish this year which helped expand my business to Mexico.
Sentence 1 : I taught machine learning to my students this year.
Sentence 2 : I taught machine learning to my students earlier this year which resulted in increasing base salary of students by 20,000 Dollars.
My initial thought is below approach.
- think of all the english words like helped, resulted etc.,
- Apply these words as filters on a public domain data set to get sentences
- Curate the sentences to see if they fall in the "Sentence 2" category.
- Apply classification/modelling to categorize into sentences with impact and without impact
- Is the above approach good or there are better approaches?
- What is the best publicly available dateset to tackle this problem.
Any inputs are greatly appreciated. Thanks alot in advance!